Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp elitebook 8530w mobile work
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I boot my Hp machine, nothing shown on screen and "capslock & numlock 3 times blink"

i tried hard reseting it / AC adapter and battery does not seem to be the reason of this issue.

is it memory module error? how to fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

reseated RAM, did not work. took one of them out. that was the culprit. 

btw, it takes like millon years and alot of jargon useless crap to get to see your own **bleep** post. HP SUCKS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@usmanm27

Try reseating the memory boards first."Just remove them and reinsert them."

HP EliteBook 8530w Mobile Workstation - Remove/Replace Videos

http://h20464.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=3781677&MEID=C773CE52-9448-4212-9A06-3FF8E456DBA7

REO

HP Recommended

reseated RAM, did not work. took one of them out. that was the culprit. 

btw, it takes like millon years and alot of jargon useless crap to get to see your own **bleep** post. HP SUCKS

HP Recommended
I had the same issue. Except that my laptop (Presario CQ35) showed 4 blinks on Scroll Lock and Caps Lock LEDs. This sequence denoted a malfunctioning Graphic contoller - according to HP Blink Codes.

I searched on internet and found that most such issues were cured by changing the memory slot. I had just one memory card which was in the secondary slot. I changed it to the primary slot and checked if i can boot or not. No, i could not! So i removed the RAM stick again, and used a bit of alchohol on a cotton bud to clean the gold areas and the remaining parts of the stick nicely. And to my suprise, i found a small cockroach-like insect, perhaps little smaller than a centimeter, stuck between a sticker on the RAM, and the RAM itself. I put it on the primary slot again after this cleaning. This time, the laptop booted up! So based on this experience i would recommend cleaning the RAM stick before changing the slot, if this problem rises.

1. I still dont understand why a malfunctioning graphic controller blink was given while it seemed to be just a dusty RAM stick being the issue.

2. Likewise, i have read on more than one thread that this issues comes back again even after this memory slot change - perhaps after a week or so! Im waiting, and Im afraid. And I dont known what I will do if that Situation rises!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.