07-31-2011 05:43 PM - edited 07-31-2011 05:46 PM
The screen flashes HP logo and lower left of screen says "Press the ESC key for start up menu" and then "Prepare boot to OS". If you press ESC, nothing happens and screen goes blank (and the repetitive cycle of flashing HP logo and messages ceases). The fan is on, LEDs are on, the disk drive light is flickering, etc. Running Windows 7. On each loop cycle, there is also a small audible click/noise on the PC's speaker at the end of the cycle (which repeats every 3-4 seconds).
I followed the instructions to remove the battery etc. and do a hard reset etc. but that didn't work.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)