Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
I have got into the bios options by using f10 but there is no Advanced or Diagnostic tab? There's only, main, security, system configuration and exit.
HP Recommended
My hp laptop is stuck in the hp screen I tried the bios and now it's stuck saying preparing for automatic repair
HP Recommended

Replace hard.drive 1

HP Recommended
My HP laptop just got done updating and now freezes on thr login screen after i enter my password. Did the escape key and diagnostic and it was all good
HP Recommended
My laptop loads then after the windows sign it shows a blank screen and doesn't show anything else. Please I need help.
HP Recommended

Hey,

I'm using win 8.1 on HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1105dx. the PC crashed and was stuck and did not boot. I tried safe ode and oter options but agin the boot did not process. I backed up my data and ran System recovery. as i had no recovey point i had to go for system refresh. I was goin fine. After copying files the PC booted several times loading the drivers and then finally got stuck in the startup. Secondly, it was giving a periodic beep at a reguar interval and the screen was blank for about an hour. This is where it all went wrong. I iterrupted the sequence and preseed the power button. the PC was then stuck giving " 0xc0000034 "Boot Configuration Data file missing required information" while booting". Since then I'e tried booting in Ms dos performing CHKDSK, correcting errors, Then running 

• bootrec /fixmbr
  • bootrec /fixboot
  • bootrec /rebuildbcd

these were successful........

Now the PC boots and is stuck at the blaack start screen with HP logo. I donot have a recovery drive or cd/DVD. All stuck up here. It has been two days now and everything seems useless. Need help.

HP Recommended

Sounds like I have the same problem. My loading screen started and froze. The only thing it would do was a forced shutdown. When I turned it back on, it said the system resume failed. It gave me two options, 1. continue with resume or 2. delete restoration information and told me to use the arrows to highlight my choice but none of the keys worked. Again, the only thing would do was a forced shutdown. I hit Esc to get the start menu, and that worked, but then it froze again.

I have a HP Pavilion dv7

Model # dv7-3165dx

Update: I guess all I had to do was let it sit for a few minutes to cool down. I got the start menu working and have it running tests now.

HP Recommended
I tried the f10 and it's giving me an error message of Hard Disk Test Fail. I also have 3 discs for backup but the screen won't pop up on the start up menu to access them
HP Recommended
I have the same problem on my ENVY notebook 15. It loops endlessly on the HP loading screen with spiraling circles. I've tested the Hard Drive and it passed all of its tests. I've tried hard resetting but that didn't work either. I've even gone inside to clean the fan but that didn't work either. I'm at a loss here and I dearly use this computer for schoolwork and projects.
HP Recommended
I also have same problem. Plz help me
My laptop is Acer gateway NE46Rs
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.