Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Claes-sv

I am linking you an HP Support document titled “Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 8)” below. I would advise reading and following the linked document to rule out any hardware issues with your computer.

Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 😎

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259

Please re-post with the results of the steps so we can continue troubleshooting if needed.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi Dunidar,

I got a HP Pavilion g7-2254so, c2a28ea#uuw with the exact same issue as described here.

Running the UEFI tests, in a system quick test, I get the following fail message;

Processor PASSED

Memory PASSED

Hard drive smart check PASSED

Hard drive short dst check FAILED

Failure ID: 9TRG7G-6HE7AR-MFPX0K-60TJ03 ?

Any help will be highly appriciated.!

HP Recommended

Searching a little further on this, it seems like the HD is broken.. 😞

HP Recommended

@Ferlev wrote:

Searching a little further on this, it seems like the HD is broken.. 😞

That is correct. If your notebook is still in warranty you can contact HP and request a replacement under warranty.

Check your warranty status Here.

If not in warranty, you will need to purchase a compatible SATA mobile 2.5" hard disk or an SSD.  

If you need to order recovery media then use the following URL. The cost is usually around $25.00 USD.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.