Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My laptop HP G60 won't turn on. I am assuming there is power to the laptop because the side light is on. I have removed the battery, thinking the battery might be dead and just plugged it in. It still doesn't work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please post your full product Number

Please Do Not post your s/n

HP Product number label.gif

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Please post your full product Number

Please Do Not post your s/n

HP Product number label.gif

HP Recommended

WA578UA#ABC is the product number. and the model number is G60-657CA

HP Recommended

Here is the startup troubleshooter page for your model, if none of these tricks get it working it will need professional attention.

HP Recommended
My HP G60 wont turn on either. I tried a hard reset but that did not work. Any help greatly appreciated.

HP G60
VM093UA#ABA
1y1y0y
HP Recommended

I discovered it had something to do with the power cord that plugs into my computer. After a number of tries straightening out the cord it worked. I've had this happen a few times, especially after I have used my laptop on battery power. Hope this helps.

HP Recommended
Thanks so much for your reply. I tried playing with the cord but still nothing. I am going to purchase a replacement cord (the one I am using now is also a replacement but old) It's worth a try. Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate your kindness.
HP Recommended

Good luck!

HP Recommended

My laptop hp C60-227CAwon't turn on.

p/n ZY221UA#ABC

I tried disconnecting the power cord and taking the battery out and pressing the on button for thirty seconds and then connect the power cord and then press on without the battery and no signs of life. Its been sitty for a long time, battery I'm sure is dead. Any suggestions?

Thank you

HP Recommended
My laptop HP G60-445DX won't turn on. P/N: NV225UAR#ABA
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.