Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your help Harry!

I had an older version (16.2.10.12) and am now updating the new version (16.5.3.3) so fingers crossed it'll work, I've had the problem for several months and ignored it until now.

HP Recommended

Hey there, just wanted to let you know that I updated my laptop but still having the problem. Also, now my Microsoft Silverlight isn't working properly. Could you help me with this? Thank you. 

HP Recommended

Don't worry about that silverlight. first get the touchpad working.

you should have UNISTALLED the old driver before installing the new one.

However, to isolate the issue, boot into the safe mode and check if you face the same behavior.

HP Recommended

My Product number F9U66EA#ABU

Win 8.1

Thank you 

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem:  mouse cursor freezes for 5-30ish seconds randomly.  keyboard and touch screen still work at those times.

Please send me a link and instructions to get the correct driver.

HP Envy TS 15 Notebook PC

Product #E1P04AV

Windows 8.1 (the crappiest OS ever... constant headaches)

HP Recommended

hi my touchpad keeps freezing, its a pavillion amd a6   product number -  E9K00EA#ABU

HP Recommended

Hello,

I just got this laptop today and I noticed that not too often but randomly the mouse would freeze and not respond when I move my finger over the mousepad, not sure what is going on. Its a new laptop and I'm hoping nothing is wrong with it since I need it for online school work and stuff.

its a HP Pavilion Model: 17-e140us

HP Recommended

Whenever, I am using my laptop my computers touch pad randomly stops work for a couple seconds. My product number is E1P44AV. Please help.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem,

My laptop HP 15-d002tx Notebook PC 's mouse touchpad is getting freezed on randomly.

Please provide me the solution.

Product No.f7q71pa#acj

HP Recommended

So I had this issue with my HP laptop for a while now. My mouse freezes randomly when I'm using my touch pad, making me have to close my laptop and open it again for my touch pad to start working,  this sometimes can take a while for it to start back working. Someone please tell me what to do this is becoming really annoying when i have to keep closing my laptop to get my touchpad to stop freezing.

i tried to upload synaptics but nothing works

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.