08-01-2011 03:52 AM
I have an old and in good condition NC6220 business notepad
I have noticed recently that when I start it up it doesn't always light up the main screen? - nothing is visible.
I know my battery is weak and when I took out the battery done the usual unplug and hold down poer button - no difference really.
When I left the battery out and the unit disconnected for a few days no problem - it started went on line just like normal, and then it frooze - perhaps doing too many things - not sure?
So i rebooted it and it only went to the blank screen section and did not highlight anything.
I thought is it charging - the charge light is indicated as green whereas beforehand when this first happened it was amber, leading me to think it is a bettery problem?
Can these units run without a battery and docking station?
Does anyone have any idea what is happening to it?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)