08-09-2014 09:02 PM
Thank you sir for giving time to help! Turns out McAfee slows down my laptop, can't get why HP would have it pre-installed when it is a big problem. Thank you for the answer to my questions and thank you for giving me the link to improve system performance.
08-09-2014 10:56 PM
Thank you for the feedback.
I am glad that the issue is now resolved and your computer is not slowed down now.
For future optimization of the computer, ensure the drivers are optimized (defragmented) - Windows does this on its own by default.
Regularly delete temporary files using Disk Clean-up. You can also use the free CCleaner from Piriform (Slim build)
Ensure your Windows Defender is turned on and updated regularly. It updates automatically only via Windows Update (if Windows Update is automatic). Automatic Windows Defender update can be triggered and scheduled by Windows Task Manager with script.
If you have any questions, feel free to post back to the HP Support Forum.
>> If you like my posts, click below on the Thumb Up+ button to give me+1 Kudos
>> If my comment helped you solve your problem, please use the button and accept it as a solution
I do not work for HP Inc. I am employed by Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
I express personal opinion only.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)