Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Laptop will not power on.

AC adaptor works, indicator light is white when plugged in.

After pressing power button the Wifi (F12) button LED blinks once - then nothing.

I've tried removing the battery, unplugging, holding the power button down for 15, 30 and 60 seconds and retried, but the same thing happens.

There is no fan or any sounds coming from the laptop, the only indication of life is the power LED and the single blink of the Wifi (F12) LED.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Inetatl,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion 15 Notebook and it having startup issues.  Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.

When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.

Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue.

Have you tried reseating Memory and the HDD?

Please let me know how this goes.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Yes I have reseatted the memory and hard drive but to no prevail.
HP Recommended
Hi, did you ever get this resolved? I have same issue. White power light when plugged in and f12 wifi key flashes once when trying to power on with a slight click noise. No fan no screen no boot up. Tried hard reset with removing battery. Tried replacing battery with new one and tried reseating RAM. Still not working..... Help
HP Recommended
I had to send mine in for repair. According to the information sheet they shipped back with the laptop they replaced the motherboard and the power supply brick.

If yours is under warranty send it in. If not use a voltage meter and make sure that the power brick is outputting the correct voltage.

Ifthe power brick seems to be outputting the correct voltage, it may be a bad motherboard. Unfortunately a modern motherboard has many thousands of components, and it only takes one to go bad for the motherboard to fail.

Sorry I could not provide an easy fix.

Mike
HP Recommended
Thanks for the quick reply 👍
HP Recommended

Hey guys i had a similar problem whenever i try turning my laptop on the f12 key blinks once and it goes back with no sign of life and it was very frustrating.

I took my laptop to repairs and was told it  was a motherboard problem.....fantastic!!!!

but this worked out for me since there was no board available on sale at that time....

all i had to do was to open the system completely take out the motherboard and clean it with rubbing alcohol then dryed it with a hand dryer which wasnt too hot after  trying to power it back on booooom!!!!! there the system comes back to life.

it worked for me dont about you but i think you should try and see. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.