06-15-2011 11:21 AM - edited 06-15-2011 11:27 AM
I have an HP Pavillion dv6660se (notice the three sixes) that will not boot.
Bios Version F.32, Bios says HP Pavillion dv6500 notebook PC
It says "operating system not found" At one minute & 23 seconds after hitting power button. One minute & 10 seconds after hitting F10 it arrives in the bios setup utility (long time!).
First thing I do is go over to the Diagnostics and select "Primary Hard Disk Self Test", It has a "Hard Disk Self Test" with [ENTER], below that, it says " Estimated test Time: Diagnostics not supported" and then below that "Test Status: No IDE Device"
Memory Diagnostic test shows it passed; "Result: #10000- Passed"
This is strange because the primary hard drive is SATA, not IDE. The drive test fine in another computer.
The laptop won't boot from the CD-ROM either. I don't have USB booting stuff; not tested
Hard Reset: removed the button cell, performed reset. Date shows 01/01/2007 loaded bios defaults; Same issue
07-05-2011 09:07 PM
I'm having the same problem as you discribed on my Laptop (Compaq Presario F763N-R. I have been fighting it for over a week now. Same results as what you got, ie, no cd rom, no hard drive. If you find out how to fix this let me know please.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)