Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I really need help on this one.  I have tried everything that I can think of to solve this problem.  Laptop says I have no CD Rom or Hard drive, so I bought new ones and installed them.  SAME results.  "Operating system not found" and "No TPM or TPM has problem".  It is driving me crazy.  Can anyone help me with this problem????

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Plz tell me the product number (p/n) written on a white sticker at the bottom of the notebook

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

Product  Presario F700

S/N : [Personal Information Removed]

p/n : KW061UA#ABA

F763N R

How can I correct this TPM problem????  Or is it fixable>  I have spent so much on this laptop already.  Installed 4 gigs of memory, new CD/DVD and new Hard drive.  It tells me that I do not have a hard drive or CD/DVD.  I'm so p&*&*((&(*&&*^*&

HP Recommended

Problem with HDD detection....

Did ur new HDD worked ever??

run the following test:

Run the Following test

Shut down the computer if it is running.

Press the power button to turn on the computer.

Press f10 when the HP/Compaq logo displays.

After the BIOS Setup Utility displays, use the Right Arrow key to select the Diagnostics menu.

Select HDD Self-Test options.

Press enter to display a list of HDD/Self-Test options.

Select Notebook Hard Drive and then press f10 to display an Estimated test time.

Press f10 to continue. The Hard Drive Self Test executes a Quick test, a Comprehensive test, and a SMART test.

||
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
HP Recommended

I got the hard drive problem solved, but I still have no CD/DVD even though it is a new one.  I can't restore my operating system from the restore CD to the new hard drive.  What now????

HP Recommended

hi how can i fix this problem i have with the TPM thanks

HP Recommended

Has anyone found a solution for these: No TPM or TPM has problems?

I did a bios hd test and it says: No IDE device, but I tried  this  hd in another system and it works fine.

Also I cannot boot from a cd. Is there a fix for these? Does this indicate a bad IDE  controller board or fuse etc?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.