Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
G725
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

if i start my notebook (G725) after I verified my fingerprint i get the following message:

"No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown"

The notebook shuts down. I thought my harddrive MBR must be corrupt or the whole device defect at all.

But when I press [Esc] during bios and select to 'boot from the OS parition' I am asked to enter fingerprint as usual. Doing that will bring me again to the inital menu which comes when [Esc] is pressed, but in a higher resolution. If I select 'boot from OS partition' again, windows starts up normally. (This is reproducable and the current way I work with my notebook)

(Before that above mentioned behaviour occured there was one startup, where the notebook just showed a blackscreen after the BIOS HP logo screen doing nothing for minutes. Had to hardshutdown the system. The next startup worked fine, except the integrated security stuff which takes the fingerprint authentication from the BIOS and enters credentials automatically into windows didn't work - I had to enter my windows password manually, fingerprint authentification was not available.

That was occuing just one time. Since then fingerprint authentification works fine, both at bios and at windows level)

Is this some kind of a BIOS or secure boot bug? What should I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! The First Thing You Need To Do Is Remove All BIOS Passwords

Then Try To Start Windows And Sign With Your Password

Then Delete The FIngerprint Reader Sign Info And Then Recreate It But Not For The BIOS Just For Windows

Good Luck!

Regards: 1029rjmenvy17t

Please 'KUDO' If You Like for Thumbs Up and 'Accept As Solution' If This Fixed Your Problem

To Help Other People Find This and Help Them Fix the Same or Similar Problems

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! The First Thing You Need To Do Is Remove All BIOS Passwords

Then Try To Start Windows And Sign With Your Password

Then Delete The FIngerprint Reader Sign Info And Then Recreate It But Not For The BIOS Just For Windows

Good Luck!

Regards: 1029rjmenvy17t

Please 'KUDO' If You Like for Thumbs Up and 'Accept As Solution' If This Fixed Your Problem

To Help Other People Find This and Help Them Fix the Same or Similar Problems

HP Recommended

Thanks for your immediate reply.

I additionaly had to decrypt the harddrive to get rid of the fingerprint/password at startup. But since then it works.

Did not try to setup it again - use bitlocker right now.

HP Recommended

I Was Glad To Have Helped

Good Luck!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.