05-18-2013 10:35 AM
I have a HP G7 Notebook which is mildly used (only internet & word processing, 1-2 hours/day) and less than six months old. For about the past 2 weeks the fan will run at a high speed contsantly while the notebook is "awake" and the keyboard will randomly not work for a period of time and then start to work again after a few minutes. Also at some points the whole system will hang up for a brief time (less than 30 seconds) Like I noted previously, this computer is quite new and use is limited. The only thing out of the ordinary is that we do not shut it down evey night, we just close it and let it go into sleep mode. Could that cause this problem? If not, is there a simple cause and solution for this? Any help would be appreciated.
05-20-2013 10:27 AM
Your fan s constantly spinning and the system is freezing.
Do a hard reset.
Turn the computer off.
Remove the power cable and the battery.
Hold down the power button for 15 sec while booth power sources are removed.
This should reset the hardware in the computer.
As you turn it back on tap the F10 key. This will load BIOS setup utility.
Press F9 to load defaults.
Press F10 to save and exit.
This should change the setting at with the fan is runs.
When the computer boots back up, check to see if everything is working.
Please post your product and model number.
You can find this information by holding the FN key and pressing the ESC key.
Let me know how everything goes.
Have a good day.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)