Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion G62
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After I installed Win10 my laptop won't start completely unless I remove the power and battery, then reconnect them. If I don't do that, the laptop gets stuck at the HP logo before the Windows boot. I think this has something to do with the HP not shutting down completely.  When I shut off the laptop, it takes about a minute for the power light to shut off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello LJ44,

I would suggest you to run Windows Update once on the unit.

As Windows 10 drivers will be available through Windows Update.

Windows update will fix this issue.

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks! ***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I recommend using the below steps to perform a hard reset via HP article :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768

if the above doesn't help, please try with an alternate adapter without the battery as it should work,

nevertheless, if it doesn't please contact HP @ 1800-474-6836 to get the pc repaired via hp warranty services.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello LJ44,

I am an HP employee, the opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I had done the Windows update prior to my orignal post. It did not work. What did work was to remove the power and battery, press the power button for 15 seconds, then reconnecting power and battery.

I wasn't sure if this was related to another Windows 10 issue I had that caused the laptop to go to sleep and not wake up. That was resolved by changing the power settings to not allow the machine to go to sleep.

@Maverick_Nik wrote:

Hello LJ44,

@Maverick_Nik wrote:

Hello LJ44,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.