10-13-2010 12:01 PM
I am working on an HP DV5 1120us laptop for a co-worker. When powered on the screen stays blank, all the lights above the keyboard are on and the caps-lock light and num-lock light are flashing together once every 2-4 seconds. According to HP here the CPU is bad. However, after replacing the CPU it's doing the same thing. Any suggestions or things I can try?
10-15-2010 06:38 AM - edited 10-15-2010 06:39 AM
I called HP support and they are saying bad motherboard too. They want $425 to fix it! I'll be doing for way cheaper!!!
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)