I am having this problem with my Pavilion dv7. CAPS & NUM Lock flash twice. My laptop has no battery, is powered solely by being plugged in. I have unplugged it, forced shut down (by holding the power button) waited 30 seconds, 60 seconds, 2 minutes, etc. and the screen remains black. I have also removed the BIOS battery.
Since the screen is black, I am not able to run any of the F8 suggestions, or any other type of startup.
I tried several times Windows+B combination with two usb sticks, the last one... an old USB stick with 128MB formatted as FAT16 and with HP_TOOLS installed. The BIOS file to flash is 3635F12, extracted from sp46804. I did not tried to rename the bios file because i dont know wich name i have to use.
Can you HELP ME?
S/N: [Personal Information Removed]
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)