02-05-2012 03:04 AM
I had this laptop for 3 days. Only things I have installed on it are Google Chrome and Utorrent, both programs I have used for years. I was prompted to install automatic updates so I did and then I shut down computer. When I tried to start it back up Windows will not load. Message says that Windows cannot communicate with external hardware connected to computer. I have no external hardware connected and have NOT had at any time. I had not yet made a backup for this computer as I didn't even have it long enough to load any of my things (camera software etc) onto it. I do plan to return it for exchange but I was just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.
02-05-2012 03:31 AM
I think the machine already has at least one restore point. Just restore it few days back should be ok then try again. Please try this:
Start > All programs > Accessories > System tools > System restore
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)