01-26-2010 03:58 AM
My new 4510s will power up and operate normally with the AC power connected as long as the battery is not inserted. The machine will not operate with the battery inserted with or without AC power. Has anybody else experienced this issue and if so what solution, if any, have you found.
Thanks in advance.
01-27-2010 01:37 PM
I had the same problem with a ProBook 4510s about two weeks ago; thanks to a helpful HP Ntech, I solved the problem by updating the BIOS to the latest available on the HP Support site.
I actually think the ProBook had a HIGHER BIOS revision already installed...it seemed like the one on the web was a lower rev, but hey, it works now :-)
01-27-2010 03:44 PM
Thanks for the reply. I will give it a try.
Only problem is its not my machine. It belongs to a friend who works in the middle of nowhere in Kenya. She's only just got it to replace an ageing and slow Toshiba. I think she's up to the job though. Wish us luck!
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)