04-17-2012 09:07 AM
When I put my lap top in sleep mode the processor continuously turns on and off every few minutes. Is there any updates or settings that I could switch to fix this problem? When this is happening the screen remains off and the computer comes to the normal screen when it is woken.
Any ideas, this is pretty annoying.
04-17-2012 09:44 AM
What laptop model? What Windows OS? What CPU? I'm just shooting in the dark because I have no info/specs.
You could update the Bios, or you could select a different Power Plan. Try changing the Power Plan. If this doesn't work, you probably should update the Bios.
If it were a rattler. . . .
04-18-2012 02:09 PM
Check the link below:
Use intructions from there to find out which device waken up your notebook last time and post about it here.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)