03-20-2017 01:08 PM - edited 03-20-2017 01:42 PM
Thank you for stopping by the HP forums. A Good day to you. I read the post regarding the notebook freezing on the HP logo. I will be delighted to assist you with this.
A stupendous effort, brilliant description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. You are an important HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.
First off, to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.
- Please provide the complete model# of the unit along with the operating system currently installed.
- Did this happen after a windows or software update do you know?
- Did you run the complete system diagnostics which takes about 2 hours to run and did everything pass?
For now, I will give you some links to perform a system restore based on the operating system. It looks like the operating system on the computer is corrupt based on the fact that you’ve run complete system diagnostics on the machine.
Link - HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 8): http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545 Please follow steps in the option “Restore your computer when Windows cannot start normally” and that should do the trick for you if the operating system is windows 8 or windows 10.
If the operating system is windows 7 the HP link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01835735 will help you to resolve the issue. Please follow the option “Using System Restore when Windows 7 cannot start normally”. Please keep me posted.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I work on behalf of HP
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)