Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that at the end it worked out..

so, i guess ... the solution is to try all the combination possible in the most random order - bios, drivers, windows updates and recovery - ... not an exact science 🙂

All the best!

HP Recommended

Thanks.. :generic:  

Yeap, that looks like the solution so far.. 

In the end, after installing every driver manually, everything works fine so I'm guessing the origin of the problem may somehow be related to the HP Support Assistant .. (?) .. I`ll just stay away from it for now.

Best regards!

HP Recommended

Hello, My new HP PAvillion Notebook 15 PC touch enabled, has shut down randomly just twice. I'm unsure what is going on and how to fix it. Please help

HP Recommended

I also faced same issue.  Issue is resolved after doing following

1. Updated all device drivers  in Device Manager( Importantly Intel HD Graphics Family)

2.  Unticked  the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power "  ( In Device Manger --> universal serial bus controllers --> Generic USB Hub--> right Click on it --> Properties --> Power Management). Repeat this step for all the options in universal serial bus controllers )

HP Recommended

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel. Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15-n208tx. Running alright after the aforesaid downgrade since last two days.

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver fom https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

:TongueOut: Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved... (verified)

thanx

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.