01-12-2011 03:58 PM
I have a Pavilion Notebook, which crashed and we had to reinstall the software. When I turn on the notebook, an alarm sounds and then the menu where I usually type in my password fills up with the (dots). I have to highlight the dots, then delete them, then enter my p/w. Any suggestions as to why this is occuring, or how to correct it? I did enter a new p/w, and restarted the notebook, but it didn't do anything for the alarm, or the dots.
01-13-2011 05:16 PM
Check your keyboard for stuck key, and maybe clean the keyboard with a can of compressed air. Sounds like maybe the keyboard is sending signals when you are not typing.
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
01-14-2011 09:29 AM
A stuck key makes perfect sense, follow Charles' advice.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)