Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 17 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi!

So I haven't had problems with booting for forever but since yesterday my laptop often gets stuck after the HP logo has appeared and the loading circle has rotated for a few seconds. While it gets stuck it starts to make more noise and gets warmer than it usually does while booting. I did a system check in the BIOS bit everything appears to be just fine. Anyone knowa the problem and/or solution?

Thanks in advance,

Giovanni
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I will do it whenever I will have to start up the laptop again. A couple of times now my laptop crashes and whenever it started up again ot said something about the battery beong critically low. So it might be that theres problems with my battery. I know it's not my charger as I wont get this problem when my battery' out. Thank you both for responding, and so quickly too.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hey @ItsGiovanni,

I understand you're having boot up problems. I would be happy to help however, I first need to know the notebooks model number: HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Please let me know.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

HP Recommended
Hi @TechSurge ,

Apologies for the late response. The model number is 17-e083ed.

Thanks for the quick response! (:
HP Recommended

Hey @ItsGiovanni,

Give this document a try: HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)

Let me know if it helps, and if it does, please hit that Thumbs Up and Accept as Solution.

Cheers,

TechSurge.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

HP Recommended

So I've took out the battery, unplugged the charger and held the power button for about 20 seconds. I'm not sure if anything was supposed to happen like a little noise or whatever but it didn't help anything. but I put the battery back in together with the charger and powered up the laptop, pressed F2 repeatedly and came into the BIOS. I did a quick test and everything appeared to be just normal. Now when the repair startup menu popped up for like the 7th time (with each previous time having no succes) I chose this option where it would, (I'm dutch and my laptop is set in dutch so I sort of forgot the name) re-install Windows 10 without losing any files. During the reinstalling of Windows 10 it had to reboot a couple of times which was a pain as I had to try to restart the laptop  a couple of times in order for it to pass through the startup menu back to the installing screen. As it was taking up quite some time I decided to do something else and check every now and then. When I came back my laptop restarted normally.  Now I'm not sure whether the problem is solved or not as I'm too scared to restart it as I need it right now but I'll keep you updated.

HP Recommended

I decided to restart my laptop to see if the problem had been fixed as 95% of my stuff was deleted from my laptop. The HP logo  with loading circle appears, they disappear, they reappear, Then both disappear and my laptop boots. Still kind of weird, but I guess it works. 

I'll keep you updated

HP Recommended

Hi @ItsGiovanni,

Glad to hear it is working now. TechSurge is not in the office. I will continue to follow up your case. It is better to run the extensive hardware failure tests to make sure everything is alright:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I will do it whenever I will have to start up the laptop again. A couple of times now my laptop crashes and whenever it started up again ot said something about the battery beong critically low. So it might be that theres problems with my battery. I know it's not my charger as I wont get this problem when my battery' out. Thank you both for responding, and so quickly too.
HP Recommended

Hi @ItsGiovanni,

You may consider a battery test too:

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

SDJL
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ”on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
I just accidentally accepted my own reply as solution sigh.. I shouldnt uae phone for stuff like this. Anyways, thanks a lot for your help! Ill run a test asap
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.