Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help.  During first start up my HP Envy 15-ae116TX was forever stuck at the "Just a moment..." screen with those cyclic dots.  Only positive response noted was the active touchpad cursor, other than that the unit seemed frozen.  I tried keeping the unit running straight in that condition for 12 hours, yet still nothing happened.

Please help ASAP!  Kindly advice in detail on what to do.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hey @ghester32,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

I understand you're having difficulty with the boot process on your HP Envy 15 Notebook. I'd be happy to help  you with that.

Firstly, does this issue occur when the Notebook is booted in safe mode?  If you are not sure how to boot in safe mode, you can follow this document which will walk you through it step by step. 

If you are able to get passed the login screen once in safe mode then that means it could be an update, or software on the computer that is causing this conflict.

To resolve this once the Notebook is in safe mode you can run a system restore. System restore will help if something automatically updated on your notebook, and proved to be troublesome.

Please note, when performing a system restore, remove all USB devices, as well as plug the power cable for the Notebook directly to a wall outlet.

Should that fail, try a BIOS recovery.

To recover the BIOS, complete the following steps in this document:

Please note, before trying these steps make sure you have removed all none essential USB devices, and have the notebook plugged directly to a wall outlet.

1. Press the power button.

2. When the F12 key LED light is amber, press and hold the power button for five seconds until the LED turns off.

3. Press the power button again. The computer turns on for about fifteen seconds and then turns off.

4. Press the power button again. The computer turns on normally.

Try these steps, and let me know how it goes.

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

HP Recommended

Hi @TechSurge,

Thank you for your response...  actually, my concern happened during the very first star up after unboxing the lappy.  All the while, I thought the lappy is just installing the drivers for first time use.  And it took quite a while, 10 hrs., before I decided to restart the lappy.  And then went through the same scenario again.  I got fed up... restarted... and hit f4, and repaired Win10...  and, somehow, that solved the issue.

My concern now... Edge keeps on refreshing when playing videos on facebook.  Can you help me with that?  Any solutions or work around?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Hey @ghester32,

It's goo to hear things are improving for you.

I would suggest that you take a look at this document on Resolving Microsoft Edge Browser Issues (Windows 10).

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

HP Recommended

Hello,

You probably have a SSD (and HDD) in your laptop? I had this same issue. It is a bug in the Windows installation at least with SSD drives. You should NOT to download updates for the Windows during the installation. It is better to do the first install without defining an internet connection at all. You can define WiFi (or plug-in the ethernet cable) after the installation. Windows will update itself after that automatically.

To access the system recovery from "Just a moment"-screen: Push power button down for 5 seconds until the computer shuts down. Then press the power on and immediately after that rapidly push the F11-key from the keyboard many times (on some models first ESC key and then F11 key many times). Repeat the procedure if you will get back to the "Just a moment"-screen.

You should get the Recovery Manager screen. Do a Factory Reset and wipe everything off (the option name may be diffent depending on your model). This will take several hours. Then make a reinstallation without the internet-connection.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.