05-12-2012 03:14 PM
on startup i get an error system fan (90b), does this mean the fan needs to be replaced?
Solved! View Solution.
Re: System Fan (90B) Error
03-01-2013 10:03 AM
Shipped it back to HP as it was still under warranty and had fan replaced. Thanks for your help in this matter.
05-12-2012 03:18 PM
Please try these steps incase they done resolve your issue then you need to replace the Fan,
1) Go to HP webiste and update the Bios on the unit.
2) Clean the Vents off the Fan using a Air Blower.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
05-15-2012 06:02 PM - last edited on 02-21-2017 07:03 PM by OscarFuentes
|Fan||Fan not operating correctly||90B||The system fan may be malfunctioning.|
For information on troubleshooting heat-related issues, see Fan Runs Constantly, the PC Operates Slower than Expected and Generates Heat .
It is also recommended that you perform a hard reset as that can sometimes restore the system fan to working order. See Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues for details.
If the system fan continues to malfunction, contact HP support.
02-27-2013 10:49 AM
I see that you are having a problem with the system fan error 90b, is that correct?
You will not be able to do the those troubleshooting steps if the pc doesn't stay on. The error will sometime appear and allow the computer to turn on. The troubleshooting steps provided by the expert resolve the issue if it software related.
With your pc not staying on it may actually need a replacement system fan.
03-27-2014 01:44 AM - edited 03-27-2014 02:43 AM
i think Your porblem with Fan speed , not because of BIOS issue , try to clean fan speed with spray .
or if it avalable to change it , it will be more easy .
Working for HP Gold partner
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)