Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

on startup i get an error system fan (90b), does this mean the fan needs to be replaced?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Shipped it back to HP as it was still under warranty and had fan replaced. Thanks for your help in this matter.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi

Please try these steps incase they done resolve your issue then you need to replace the Fan,

1) Go to HP webiste and update the Bios on the unit.

2) Clean the Vents off the Fan using a Air Blower.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

Hi,

FanFan not operating correctly90BThe system fan may be malfunctioning.

For information on troubleshooting heat-related issues, see Fan Runs Constantly, the PC Operates Slower than Expected and Generates Heat .

It is also recommended that you perform a hard reset as that can sometimes restore the system fan to working order. See Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues for details.

If the system fan continues to malfunction, contact HP support.
** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

How can I update the BIOS and drivers if my computer will not turn on or stay on due to error message System Fan 90b ? I have tried the forced re-boot and it did not work.

HP Recommended

Hello CCBee61,

I see that you are having a problem with the system fan error 90b, is that correct?

You will not be able to do the those troubleshooting steps if the pc doesn't stay on. The error will sometime appear and allow the computer to turn on. The troubleshooting steps provided by the expert resolve the issue if it software related.

With your pc not staying on it may actually need a replacement system fan.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

had same issue and your suggestions worked great1 thank you!1

HP Recommended

Shipped it back to HP as it was still under warranty and had fan replaced. Thanks for your help in this matter.

HP Recommended

hello ,

i think Your porblem with Fan speed , not because of BIOS issue , try to clean fan speed with spray .

or if it avalable to change it , it will be more easy .

Mohamed Hejazi

Working for HP Gold partner

HP Recommended

Can you tried clean the fan ? I have the same problem and I cleaned the laptop's fan.  (16.07.2013) And still works great.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.