Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
presario cq60-430SA

I have been given a cq60 and when turned on as soon as bios starts to load it makes warning sound and asks for password (which I dont have) and after 3 tries show message "system disabled  [05006]" is this because it needs a bios password? can it be reset.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I do not have specific instructions for clearing the BIOS password on your model, but on this forum I have read posts from some HP staff that volunteer their time here and they have provided this general guidance.

Use your unlock passcode to enter the BIOS

Go to the security menu

Disable all passwords that are enabled

If asked for current password - type your unlock passcode.

For new password, just press ENTER key
Repeat the same for verify password column.

Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.

If that doesn't work, I recommend you start a new post asking for instructions for how to reset the BIOS password.

State that you have the unlock code to get into the BIOS, that you want the instructions to remove the BIOS password so that you don't need to enter the unlock passcode every time you turn on the PC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Enter this unlock passcode...

rmvmbp

or...

wpjduzi

HP Recommended

Thank you for very fast response Paul, The second one worked but maybe because rg "r" key seems unresponsive. However many thanks to you. Is it possible to turn off password request as Ive looked through all the menues but cant see any sonution?. Every time I turn on it askd for password.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I do not have specific instructions for clearing the BIOS password on your model, but on this forum I have read posts from some HP staff that volunteer their time here and they have provided this general guidance.

Use your unlock passcode to enter the BIOS

Go to the security menu

Disable all passwords that are enabled

If asked for current password - type your unlock passcode.

For new password, just press ENTER key
Repeat the same for verify password column.

Then leave the BIOS by saving & exit option to save the changes.

If that doesn't work, I recommend you start a new post asking for instructions for how to reset the BIOS password.

State that you have the unlock code to get into the BIOS, that you want the instructions to remove the BIOS password so that you don't need to enter the unlock passcode every time you turn on the PC.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.