02-24-2014 05:07 PM
Reposting as recommended fix did not work and problem persists:
My HP ENVY Ultrabook CTO 6t-1100 runs into a recurring problem where the touchpad stops registering clicks. Left, right or center by either clicking the bottom left or tapping the pad. The cursor will move where it's told with the touchpad, but nothing can be clicked.
Closing the lid and opening it will temporarily solve the issue. Restarting does as well. After 100+ instances, though, it's a pain and needs to be permanently resolved.
The touchpad is on throughout.
All other fixes on this forum I've found focus on accidentally double tapping the top left of the touchpad and turning the pad off. This isn't the issue; the light's off and the pad is responsive to everything except clicking.
Original post gave this answer (which did not solve the issue):
Go to this link and update the Touchpad and the BIOS for your unit
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'*****
****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****
Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
02-26-2014 10:17 AM
I have read the threads you have posted on Touchpad issues. Here is a link to configuring the TouchPad.
This link has many other troubleshooting documents attached to it.
Hope this helps.
I work on behalf of HP
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)