Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

with my HP250G3 i can't reboot or shutdown in linux OS, but in Windows works correctly.

Linux doesn't recognized BIOS, other user risolved this problem with BIOS upgrade.

Can you write me a correct link?

There's nothing on support center....

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's WORKS!

In bios need set USB 3.0 on ENABLED and not AUTOMATIC.

🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=6732463&swItemId=ob_149154_1&swEnvOid=415...

#hpexpertday

Regards;
Smiley
I am an HP employee
Please click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.
Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.
HP Recommended

Not works....

I upgraded bios but i can't reboot or shutdown with opensuse and all other distro linux....

😞

HP Recommended

Hello maurosimonetti... I'm sorry that you're having this Linux shutdown issue with your unit.

Can you be more specific?  What exactly is the behaviour when you try to shut down the unit?  Do you get an error message?  And how are you trying to shut down the unit?  Form the commmand line?  Or, from the shell menu(s)?

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

• If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
  • If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the "thumbs up" icon to give me Kudos!
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for anwer 🙂

It's freeze in all mode, if i push restart or shutdown button on more distrolinux used  and if i write it on terminal.

Often i read:

watchdog0: watchdog did not stop!

After 2-3 seconds it freeze, light on for wifi and power but i need push for 3 second power button....

HP Recommended

It's WORKS!

In bios need set USB 3.0 on ENABLED and not AUTOMATIC.

🙂

HP Recommended

Awesome.  You da man!  :LaughingTears:

DISCLAIMER: I am an HP employee, but I am not a spokesperson for HP.

If you found this information helpful, please take a moment to click on "Accept as Solution".
If you'd like to say thanks, please click on the "thumbs up" icon to give me Kudos!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.