12-21-2013 03:39 PM
Hello, I have a HP 2000-2c10dx laptop that I got around 4 months ago. Everything was working fine until about 3 days ago when I shut down my laptop. My screen displayed a screen that had some random colors but I just ignored it and left it alone. The next morning when I tried to turn it on, the same screen displayed, so I turned it off and left it alone for about half an hour. When I tried to turn it back on an error message came that said something about it not shutting down correctly and that I had to restart my laptop. After I restarted it, it worked fine for the rest of the day. Today, the same screen displayed. I left it alone for about 2 hours and tried to turn it back on, but it didn't work. I started Googling stuff, but nothing I tried worked. Then, I tried searching stuff on the HP forums, and I saw similar problems, but once again nothing worked. Hopefully somebody here can help me.
Just wanted to say to say thanks in advance.
12-30-2013 11:57 AM
Thank you for your inquiry. I am glad to help!
I understand that you are getting a multicolored screen on start up. I am sending you a link to "Computer Does not Start (Windows 8)" click here. If this document does not resolve the issue, I would contact HP support, as it is a recent purchase you will be in warranty.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)