Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When waking laptop up after sleep, no bootable devices found/no OS found. I have to hold the power button to turn it off, when I turn it back on it's fine.

I have run CHKDSK and sfc /scannow after it happened and all came back clear, the laptop is around one month old. I had a BIOS update a few days ago but it was fine then, the issue started today.

Edit: I ran sfc /scannow this morning and it found and repaired errors, could this be it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Lewis1234,

Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. A very Good Day to you. 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you need assistance with a"boot device not found" error message after waking from sleep. I’ll be really glad to assist you. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue.

Superb and efficient diagnosis to isolate the issue correctly. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is a great privilege to share this platform with a tech-savvy person like you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# of the unit.
  • Could any other software update or windows update have caused this to happen?

Please perform these steps.

If the issue happened recently, then perform a system restore to an earlier time before it started to check if it corrects the issue.

Link for system restore: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

Please select the option “Restore your computer when Windows starts normally”

Then check again.

If this does not work, please roll back the bios from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Please try both options mentioned in the link then check again if the issue has been resolved.

Please run complete system diagnostics to establish that there are no hardware failures from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259  

and follow the option “Testing using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)”

It takes about 90 minutes to run. Please make a note of any failure code if any component fails.

If it fails please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced. If it is under warranty, repair services will be taken care of by the warranty. 🙂

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Lewis1234,

Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. A very Good Day to you. 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you need assistance with a"boot device not found" error message after waking from sleep. I’ll be really glad to assist you. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue.

Superb and efficient diagnosis to isolate the issue correctly. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 It is a great privilege to share this platform with a tech-savvy person like you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# of the unit.
  • Could any other software update or windows update have caused this to happen?

Please perform these steps.

If the issue happened recently, then perform a system restore to an earlier time before it started to check if it corrects the issue.

Link for system restore: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545

Please select the option “Restore your computer when Windows starts normally”

Then check again.

If this does not work, please roll back the bios from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Please try both options mentioned in the link then check again if the issue has been resolved.

Please run complete system diagnostics to establish that there are no hardware failures from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259  

and follow the option “Testing using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)”

It takes about 90 minutes to run. Please make a note of any failure code if any component fails.

If it fails please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced. If it is under warranty, repair services will be taken care of by the warranty. 🙂

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.