Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

OK, 36 hours later and 2 overnight backup runs that do a programmed hibernate...it finally WORKED !!I  Thanks again to HC74 for the heads up on the patch/update.  This problem has been a pain in my ... for months and, as usual, no input or concern from the vendors involved.  Thankfully we have a great user community.

Is there a way to see the details of  KB3124262 ?

HP Recommended

Ok... So when I first posted on here I said that a Windows up date fixed mine. .this was not the case but I have updated Intel software IEMI and so far so good. Dam my touchpad will not remember the profile I have saved. Keeps reverting back to default Synaptics settings though and very annoying.

HP Recommended

Hi Same problem with me and both Microsoft and HP seem to know about this but are unable or unwilling to solve. Which update solved your problem?

HP Recommended

Hi Alfredow,

KB3124262 was the fix for me.  After it installed I turned IMEI back on and it has worked well for over a week now.

HP Recommended

Thanks.

I was also facing the same issues.

I tried taking help from the customer support but it did not help.

Then I came to this forum and tried using one of the solution by trying to enable Intel Virtualization Technology.

My IVT was already enabled.So I just logged in and logged out of BIOS. Before that I had tried to shut down computer using Shift+Shutdown.

My problem was solved.

🙂

HP Recommended

Can you give step by step instructions for this please?

HP Recommended

KB3124262 didn't work for me I'm afraid.

I checked and this update was installed by Windows on Jan 28th. So I enabled the IEMI and tried again. The laptop immediately failed to shut down correctly.

I tried removing KB3124262 and reinstalling. Still no joy.

So I've disabled IEMI once more and the laptop now powers down OK once more.

So - the mystery continues!

HP Recommended

How does one Disable IEMI and in point of fact what is IEMI??

HP Recommended

IEMI is the "Intel Engine Management Interface".

No one has been able to give a precise definition of what it does, though it has something to do with how the OS interacts with the hardware/BIOS. For me, and those that have posted here, disabling it seems to have no adverse impact whatsoever! However, for most if not all posters, disabling it does 'fix' the power down issues (power light and fan remain on + 'Sleep' issues) that so many are suffering.

To disable IEMI:-

Click 'Start' then 'Settings, then 'Devices' and at the bottom of the RH pane, click on 'Device Manager'.

Device Manager will then start in a new window.

About 2/3rds of the way down the page, double click on 'System Devices' and then scroll down and RH click on 'Intel Engine Management Interface'.

Select "Disable".

Obviously, use the same process to renable it if you want or it doesn't work for you.

Once all done I'd restart your PC and see if the problem is resolved.

Hope that helps!

GUY

HP Recommended

This seemed to have worked. I am concerned about the problem returning after a long period of time of it being on. Testing that right now. Thank you for this. It was driving me NUTS!!! I almost returned to windows 8

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.