Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
First make a backup, then uninstall the installed engine and download and install this one(check for compatibility before downloading) and then restart your computer.
****Click the Thumb icon to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
HP Recommended
And to check which Intel NUC you have this link might help http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-034370.htm
HP Recommended

I've not seen the hang on power off since moving to IMEI 9.xx - I'd tentatively call it a fix.

Something I did notice - if I'd only been browsing, emailing, and editing the occasional small document, I had no problem. Recoding movies, or other things memory intensive, and it would hang on shutdown. It was like something was making the power manager wait on a semaphore that wasn't being handled, or was in a loop with another semaphore. that usually is a bad malloc() in a process. 

HP Recommended

i tried following methods but not succed this problem they are

Method one:-

1. Move the mouse cursor over the upper right side of the screen in order to open the Charms bar menu.
  2. Left click or tap on the search feature presented there.
  3. Type in the search box the following text “power” without the quotes.
  4. Left click or tap on the “Settings” feature presented after the power search.
  5. Left click or tap on the “Change what the power buttons do” feature presented in the left side of the window.
  6. Now you should have in front of you the “System Settings” window.
  7. You will have to go all the way to the end of the list presented in the right side of the “System Settings” window.
  8. Find the feature “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” and uncheck the box next to it in order to disable this feature.
    Note: If this option is not available and you cannot check or uncheck the box next to it then you will have to go in that list all the way to the top and left click on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” link in order to activate this feature.
  9. Reboot the Windows 8.1 or the Windows 10 operating system.
  10. Try shutting down your device and see if it reacts differently. If you still have issues with the shutdown feature after this then do the next method posted below.
  11. method2-
    1. Press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “X”.
    2. After you opened up the menu you will have to left click on the “Command Prompt as Administrator” to open it.
    3. In the command prompt window you will need to write the following line “bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes” without the quotes.
      Note: Be sure to type the command exactly how it is written above and include a space between the line “bcdedit /set disabledynamictick” and the “yes” word.
    4. Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard.
    5. Reboot the Windows 8.1 or the Windows 10 device and see if you still have this issue.

So now that you have above two methods on how to fix your shutdown problems in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 you can go carry on your normal activity on the Windows device. Also if you have any other questions on this topic please let us know by writing us a few words in the comment section below.

HP Recommended

IMEI 11.xx worked for me under 8.1. 

HP Recommended
@gangadhar12 these methods won't work as there is a problem with Intel Management Engine Driver 11.xx when running on Windows 10. The only fix available is installing Intel Management Engine driver 9.5.xx via the steps I mentioned in my earlier replies.
HP Recommended

means i have to uninstall 10.xxx and reinstall 9.xxx if i uninstall 10.xxxx. do i get any problems in laptop . when i clicked the link you provided for 9. xxx i saw a message that this fix will onl work for 6 kind of intel boards or some thing is given . how could i identify which intel my pc belong to . there are only 6 kinds of intel is given there , i got confused and thought i would be risky if intall wrong software.

HP Recommended

It was a problem free downgrade from 11 to 9 for me. 10 to 9 shoudn't be a worse problem, as long as you follow the instructions, and read prompts on screen.

HP Recommended

This is neither a problem of HP nor Microsoft.

The culprit is Intel. Downgrade Intel Management Engine Interface driver to 9.5.24.1790 (search Intel site).

I had same problem on my Pavilion 15-n208tx. Running alright after the aforesaid downgrade since last two days.

The problem is with Intel Management Engine Interface driver ver 11x.

Download driver fom https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25096/Intel-ME-11-Management-Engine-Driver-for-Intel-NUC

:TongueOut: Both the Shutdown & Sleep problem solved... (verified)

thanx

HP Recommended

Not for everybody. I have the version 9 driver and I'm still having the problem. I don't have an HP I have a dell xps12. But the same problem that everyonre else is having. Been serching every where to try to solve the iisue. It only happenes on my laptop if I let it run for a long period of time then it doesn't shut down. I don't have any sleep issues or anything else. If I turn it on, use it for an houe or so, it shuts right down.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.