Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 13
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My sister-in-law's notebook is not loading at Startup.  It was fine until today when she turned notebook on.  She gets no screen lighting at all from initial button push.  Power light is white, showing full battery charge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is not the solution I had hoped for, but she left the cover down on the notebook overnight and decided to open it to check on it today.  Computer finished loading and all appears to be OK.  Must have been gremlins.  Seriously, although I am relieved that the computer is working, I am not pleased that the reason for the glitch was not determined.  I guess we can sheepishly count this one, as "problem solved."  :indifferent:

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Rondo70 ,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member.  It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More for you to have the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting.

I understand that your sister-in-law's notebook is not loading, but was fine until now. The power light remains on and the battery is fully charged.  Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 😎 as a guide. 

Please keep me updated on your progress.

Please click the “Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums! 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

The HP Stream 13 has a non-removable battery and does not match the video content.

HP Recommended

Hi @Rondo70 ,

Thank you for the update.

What happened when you connected an external monitor?  As you battery is non- removable, to drain all the power, disconnect the AC and power on the notebook and let it run until the battery has drained and the notebook powers off.  Then Press the power button to drain any residual power. You should now be able to follow the remaining directions in the video.

Please keep me updated.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

This is not the solution I had hoped for, but she left the cover down on the notebook overnight and decided to open it to check on it today.  Computer finished loading and all appears to be OK.  Must have been gremlins.  Seriously, although I am relieved that the computer is working, I am not pleased that the reason for the glitch was not determined.  I guess we can sheepishly count this one, as "problem solved."  :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Hi @Rondo70,

Thank you for keeping me updated! 

I am glad that the issue seems to have resolved itself. Should you have any future concerns with the notebook, please do post your query.  We will do our best to help you out. 

Have a terrific weekend!

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.