Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I updated my laptop a few days ago from windows 8.1 to 10 and since then my touchpad/pointer has been freezing for 4-5 seconds after I touch any button on the keypad. eg. if i hit enter then i cannot move the pointer for a few seconds.. I can still use the left and right click even while the pointer will not move.

Everything worked perfectly before i upgraded to windows 10 and everything else apart from the freezing mouse seems to be working just fine after the upgrade.

Any help fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @juibre,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having an issue with your TouchPad, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

In the meantime, please review the following post by community member DanG82.  In that post  you will find details for resolving issues with TouchPads after installing Windows 10: Re: How to Resolve Post-Windows 10 Upgrade Issues on HP Laptops

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @juibre,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having an issue with your TouchPad, and wanted to assist you!

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

In the meantime, please review the following post by community member DanG82.  In that post  you will find details for resolving issues with TouchPads after installing Windows 10: Re: How to Resolve Post-Windows 10 Upgrade Issues on HP Laptops

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

scratch that i found the solution although it took me ages to find it..thanks for the response though appreciate it!

HP Recommended

I have same problem. Could you tell me how you corrected it?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my HP Probook and Win 10. The mousepad freezes up irregularly. Pressing the start/stop button to enter sleep mode and back will make it work again, for a while, before it stops working again. Very annoying. I can plug in a USB mouse that will work so I can go on working, but need to get this solved.

How did you fix yours? Please share info. 

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late reply. When I upgraded from win 8.1 to 10 it changed/created a setting where the mousepad would lock for 4-5 seconds after a i hit any keypad button. The option to turn it off was somewhere in settings but its been over 2 years since I changed it so unfortunately I've no idea where it was, I did have a quick look but couldnt see it.

However if its the same issue the answer is a setting somewhere in the control panel or settings that you have to flick, simple as that. Good luck

HP Recommended

Thanks for info!

Will search for a setting called "Hold Mouse Still after use of keypad button." 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.