11-08-2012 04:13 PM
How did this come about? Had you recently installed something or tried upgrading the operating system? I would first recommend hard resetting the computer. This may resolve the issue but I have a suspicion that the hard drive is starting/or has failed.
Here is the link on how to reset the computer: http://goo.gl/DP34K
Report back with any new details and we can go from there.
11-07-2013 09:59 AM
I saw your post and I will be happy to help. Start by following the steps in link that SeanS posted above.
Do you know what triggered this? Did the computer crash on you? Have you installed any new hardware or software? I will also need to know your operating system and your product number, please.
Find your product number on a notebook:
Finding your OS:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I work on behalf of HP
04-15-2015 10:11 PM
I'm having the same problem. Sleekbook 14 <> 14-b109wm, OS <> Windows 8. I ran hard drive and memory test which both passed. I'm thinking I'll have to reinstall Windows 8, but cannot boot from usb. Tried disabling secure boot and setting boot options in UEFI but that's not working.
I'm also hoping that I when the time come, I won't be prompted for the Win 8 Product Key which should be automatically obtained from UEFI during Win 8 installation from what I have read so far. Is this correct?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)