Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11

I've only had my laptop a month (give or take) and today when I turned it on and after I tried to logon the screen went black. I restarted it and tried again several times and still the screen turned black. I tried to reset it to factory settings using the function keys and it did nothing. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try the following.

Boot the computer normally and log-in.

At the black screen, hold down the ctrl and alt keys and press delete.

Select Task Manager.

Click on File and select Run new task.

Type rstrui - also enter a tick in the box for 'Create this task with administrative privileges' - and click Ok.

When the system restore interface has loaded, pick a restore point at least 48 hours before the log-on issue first occurred and then proceed with the system restore.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
My computer has bow updated to windows 10 and system restore will only give me the option of restoring g to the point where it downloaded windows 10 problem is I've had this problem since May and I need to restore it back to then is there a command prompt I cab use to fix it?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.