03-05-2010 10:22 PM
i cannot type a simple email message when my cursor suddenly gets a mind of its own and jumps allver the place. i am using a win 7 as an operating system. i changed it from windows vista home edition. occassionally my screen also hangs and i have to reboot.
can anyone please advise as what to do?
12-21-2010 08:46 PM
I found the answer another forum. I had erratic mouse problems with an HP Pavilion dv2000 Laptop. On this laptop there is a hard to locate button at the top of the touchpad. Push it and the touch pad is disabled. Plug in a USB mouse and forget the touch pad. Problem solved.
10-09-2011 12:32 PM
I tried just about everything, but unplugging my USB wireless mouse, and plugging it into another USB, and accepting the request to load driver seemed to resolve the problem. At least it let me complete this message without the cursor bouncing all over the place. Hope this helps.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)