Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ57
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What I need to do to get rid of this problem?  Please help me someone .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @ANAKONDA, 

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums.

I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that you having an issue with a BIOS APPLICATION ERROR (501) on your Compaq Presario CQ57 Notebook PC. 

Please remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential connected devices, as these, could cause some issues.

Try to start your Notebook normally after you have disconnected everything. If that does not fix the issue, please continue with troubleshooting. 

The next step would be for you to try to Restore the BIOS. You will see that the document says: 

If the BIOS on your notebook becomes corrupted, such as from a failed BIOS upgrade or damage from a virus, the computer might show any the following symptoms:

• The computer displays the error message BIOS APPLICATION ERROR 501.

After you Restore the BIOS see if you can start the Notebook normally. 

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. Please consider marking this post as an Accepted Solution if it resolves the issue for you.

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Could you please also provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Have a magnificent day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community @ANAKONDA, 

Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums.

I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that you having an issue with a BIOS APPLICATION ERROR (501) on your Compaq Presario CQ57 Notebook PC. 

Please remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential connected devices, as these, could cause some issues.

Try to start your Notebook normally after you have disconnected everything. If that does not fix the issue, please continue with troubleshooting. 

The next step would be for you to try to Restore the BIOS. You will see that the document says: 

If the BIOS on your notebook becomes corrupted, such as from a failed BIOS upgrade or damage from a virus, the computer might show any the following symptoms:

• The computer displays the error message BIOS APPLICATION ERROR 501.

After you Restore the BIOS see if you can start the Notebook normally. 

Thanks for participating in the HP Forums where we want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as you have. Please consider marking this post as an Accepted Solution if it resolves the issue for you.

To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below.

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Could you please also provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Have a magnificent day! 

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I have the same machine&os with the same issue. Already upgraded to the latest bios (but it is of 2013). I finally detached the nb keyboard and use the usb keyboard - the issue then gone.  Since the machine is outdated, I also suspect that the issue is due to rtc battery. But unable to prove it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.