Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

i want to unlock my lapto from this **bleep** thing isnt there any way to unlock or remove it plzzzzzzz tell me my laptop is precious to me

HP Recommended

Hi,

Post back with the following details

1.  How long ago did this first occur?

2.  What is the full version of the operating system on the notebook - ie Windows 7 64bit?

3.  Did this occur after a remote login session?

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

1. around 2 days ago, after that i forget the password i am just try to set up startup password for the first time and after restarting my notebook i forget the password.

2. Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit operating system.

3. No, this occur before the remote login session.

HP Recommended

Hi,

In that case, you may be able to use windows system restore to return the machine to a point in time before this syskey prompt occured using the following method.

Use another PC to create a Windows 7 Repair CD.  Download the ISO file from the link below.

Windows 7 64bit

You should use an application such as ImgBurn ( Note: you may want to de-select the additional software options during the installation of ImgBurn ) to burn the ISO to a CD - a guide on using ImgBurn to write an ISO to a disc is Here. 

Once created, tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu. 

Insert the Repair CD. 

Select the Boot Manager option ( f9 ).  Use the arrow keys to highlight the CD/DVD drive and hit enter - if you're prompted to 'Press any key to continue.....', do so.

Select the 'Repair your Computer' option and follow Option 2 in the guide Here to run Windows System Restore - choose a restore point at least 48 hours before the log-on issue occurred.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

thnnk u vry mch mr. david pk

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and good to hear it's Ok :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

David.

Great job.

Glad to see this resolved.

REO

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.