Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

akarik

If you could please post your product number for your computer. I am linking a document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well if you could indicate which operating system you want change to whether or not it is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please feel free to re-post once you have the required information.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

I am facing the same problem but couldnot find the platform update you have mentioned! What to do?

Please help!

HP Recommended

Hello mchawda

I would encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking a document below that will show you how to find your product number. As well if you could indicate which operating system you are using as well as whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this and the product number we can provide you with accurate information.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Which Windows operating system am I running?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows/which-operating-system

Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02033168

I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums and have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have begun to see the bug during the last week. It started apperaring after installing IE 11 from Windows Update on November 20'th. It appears randomly and not only when using IE.

(KB2670838 was installed on Feb. 27'th and have not caused me problems until now).

I'm using a HP Pavilion DV7 notebook. Running 64 bit Windows 7 home premium.

Product number is A1P50EA#UUW

Hope you have a solution.

Regards Soeren

HP Recommended

Hello sbj67

I hope you had a good weekend. What you need to do to stop the B.S.O.D. error related to igdpmd64.sys is to remove the Windows Update KB2670838. To do this follow the instructions in the Microsoft Support document titled Remove an update located here.

I hope this resolves your issue. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dv6-6190us 

So the BSOD happens to my system in both the IE 11 and in Chrome. There is no update on my computer as mentioned.  I cannot find an update for the driver either.  It does seem it started after the IE 11 install on 11/20/2013, but I don't get why it is happening in Chrome, too. To be fair, there is a .tiff viewer that is being involked within the web site my husband is using. 

HP Recommended

Yes. Uninstalling the update solved my problem. Thanks.

HP Recommended
The uninstall fixed the problem, but also left me with IE9 instead of IE11... Minor problem I can live with.
HP Recommended

It worked, removing that update. But why blame Microsoft, while Microsoft has created a system that works, but not on a few models from HP? It's more logical, that this update does not work with some programs from HP: If I get a flat tyre in a specific street, all the time I am riding my bike there, I shouldn't blame the (manufacturer of the) bike or the tyre, but check out if something is wrong with the street: possibly there are sharp objects in the road...

So: remove all the HP malware (sorry HP, but since your software is not needed and makes other things impossible, it's MALicious softWARE), and your problems are solved!!

HP Recommended
The knowledge base at Microsoft pointed out a conflict with video drivers installed on some HP laptops. Even though the driver was the latest update from 8/2011, I checked via Device Manager for an update, and it downloaded and reinstalled the 8/2011. Must have been corrupted. But some videos play audio only and will not show in IE11. However, they will play in Chrome but with a popping noise at launch. At least the BSOD doesn't occur anymore.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.