Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how do i bypass my password on the front page without a password reset disc i lost my password and cant remember it and i want touse my computer  please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Ok, try the following.

You can try windows 7 bypass software to the password. Or try these steps  given below.

1.  Shut down the notebook

2.  Start tapping away at f11 as soon as you press the power button to launch Recovery Manager which you can then use to reinstall Windows. Before this please back up your data as it will be lost.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hi,

Ok, try the following.

You can try windows 7 bypass software to the password. Or try these steps  given below.

1.  Shut down the notebook

2.  Start tapping away at f11 as soon as you press the power button to launch Recovery Manager which you can then use to reinstall Windows. Before this please back up your data as it will be lost.

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

hi,

Is there anyway without using recovery or without losing any files? thanks ...

HP Recommended

Yobb.

Do you have a power on password???

A BIOS password???

A Windows login password???

HP Recommended

Hi

You can use bypass software or check the video given below might help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EASPkAFOv70&feature=related

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
That didnt work
HP Recommended

A friend of mine recently passed away and his family gave me one of his laptops. It is an H-P but he has a password installed. I have promised his family to copy and transmit any personal files and I would like to keep the music he has loaded. How do I reset the password without a password recovery disk and preserve the data? Obviously I have no way of backing it up without first logging in.

HP Recommended
I just recieved my recently passed sisters labtop and there's a screen when I turn it on that's ask for a password, we have tried several that we thought she might have used. But no success. Any help would be well appreciated. Its an HP windows 7. Please help
HP Recommended

I have a hp 2 in 1 and forgot my password and did not do a re set disc.  where do I go from here.  Can it be reset

HP Recommended

I tried to do that and still could not get recovery manager to come up what now I am becoming very frustrated

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.