05-02-2011 03:04 AM
Is there a need for creating Recovery Discs because i got 2 original dvds when i buy it - system recovery dvd and user guides?
and, is it better to send lap-top on service to they done reinstalling or i can do it (i have never do it before)?
05-07-2011 02:58 AM
Hello, I have an HP 620 too and experiencing almost the same problem only that my screen blacks out once in a while, for example sometimes when i restart or power up my computer, and somtimes when it goes to sleep and i touch the pad or press any keys, it shows a grey screen but i know it has resumed/woken up.
I know what you are trying to do with the recovery disks will not work as i have tried it many... many time..!!! my computer also comes with a recovery partition that restores it to factory condition and still that doesnt work, and i did it several times.. i am now pushed to believe this is a deffect from the factory!!
I have now forwarded it to a 'screens specialist' to analyse the problem and get back to me. I will post afew replies as soon as i get any response. Hang in there??!!!
10-07-2013 03:35 AM
I have the same proble too. hp620, win7 pro, freezes within a couple of minutes when unplugged and on battery. Was ok until a few months ago (june from logs). think it must be related to an automatic update. I think it might be something to do with the graphics chip. still no problems under linux.
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)