Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @macaoglay 

I  have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Dear Sir

I got my Omen 15-5000ND 14 days ago in Netherlands (where I live)  and I got all updated by windows and Hp asistant and latest drivers. but I got blue screen for third time this week with driver_power_state_failure reason.

I use a heavy planetarium software so I ask Nvidia to run the software on the Nvida cart not intel one. I am always conected to power.  However everytime I restart I get a warning about new smart power s !

So tonight my software was off and I was just browsing web when it happend. So plese help me what to do?

Best Regards

Saeid

HP Recommended

I have the same issueas well. I got this notebook just a few weeks and it work actually very well as soon as I updated my BIOS. Maybe after a day, there came a Nvidia-update as well. So i tried to start the automaticlly update from the Nvidia GeForce Experience and there I got my first BSOD.

Afterward, I reinstalled all Nvidia-components, BIOS and even Java. Moreover, I used the Windows Recovery to get to an earlier point, but that didn't fixed it neither.

I do have some issues with my illuminated keyboard as well. I can't change the colors.

I couldn't find an older BIOS-update than the F.09. Is there maybe previous version?

Or do you already know where this issuecomes from?

Thanks for answering.

HP Recommended

HI @SaeedSM 

@clma91 

I  have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue.  Should I just send the machine back and demand a refund?  I am not seeing any resolution.

A

HP Recommended

They haven't resolved it for me yet. They took my info over a month ago but I haven't heard from HP.

I need to figure out if it's too late to send mine back since it doesn't look like this is something they want to fix. 

HP Recommended

Yeah, this is a pretty big deal.  It sort of defeats the purpose of the machine.

A

HP Recommended

Dear Sir

I got a call from HP service 3 weeks ago. very nice one. since I had two issues

1- Blue screen with driver_power_state_ failure 

2- I was getting the message from HP software saying that my power has some problem and I have to use a HP smart power adaptor. 

she said maybe your power has a problem and it cuse  the two issues. it made sence. so 10 days later I got a new power adaptor. It was ok for 2-3 days but I am still getting the Smart warning on power adaptor even with new one and when I use Nvidia graphic cart I get the blue screen again

Any update on how to fix it?

Thanks

Saeid

HP Recommended

Hi @SaeedSM ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

It seems like this BSoD is more frequently observed after power adatper is removed...  Temprorary workaround is to roll back to the old driver that came with the system.

Look out for the next BIOS update - F.22, where it has an updated nVidia vBIOS included as real solution. (In the next 2-3 weeks)

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.