Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the update JJLuvzU. I just got my machine on March 7th. Just today I got the "hp omen driver_power_state_failure" message. I think you're right about jiggling the AC adapter. I got the blue screen as soon as I picked the AC adapter up. Not sure a new BIOS is going to help that. It seems more like an electrical problem.

HP Recommended

Hi @W8n_4_ansers ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Since the thread is still active, another "same occurance" tho this round started yesterday, i did have the same problem late January but did a "fresh install" to fix the problem, not planning on doing another one just yet.

HP OMEN Notebook - 15-5012tx.

Fully updated with Microsoft, hardware drivers and Bios.

problem seems to occur when needing to run the Nvidia card, or trying to open the "Nvidia experience" software.

as for games: World of Warcraft and Payday2.

upon powering up before the BSOD started again, Microsoft's updates finished (from 3-4 days before) and Blizzard(wow) did a 16mb update which hasn't come into effect yet (apparently)

HP Recommended

Hi @dfektiv ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello again, thought I'd better update those of you that may still have problems..

Sparkles1 and Jeffhelp both acknowledged my problem, but supplied no solutions, only asked for phone number and other details, most of which were either already supplied or not important.. (i never give my phone number)

Anyhow, after 18hrs of trying to find something that wasn't updated, and getting ready to use my laptop for discus practice, Windows 8.1 decided it wasn't happy with one of it's own updates and re-installed one.. this didn't fix the BSOD problem straight away.

But then i re-installed the Nvidia graphics driver using HP's website and it hasn't BSODed again since.. (it must be said that HP's problem detector could not find a problem with my PC)

This is twice I can definately say my Omen 15-5012tx had the "driver_power_state_failure" problem after a forced windows update.

?maybe microsoft is overwiting part of the graphics driver, creating the need to re-install?

HP Recommended

Hi

Any News on when HP will release the BIOS update to fix this? I still get the power adaptor warnings in some cases. I downgrade my Nvidia driver to factry version and the blue screen is rare but ofcourse my Nvidia cart is not working in maximum power which is the main advantage of this system.

If you are not planing to update please let us know to return the laptop to mediamarkt.nl before it gets late !

Thanks

HP Recommended

The latest OMEN BIOS verison F.23 is available now - http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=7832044&swItemId=ob_146839_1&swEnvOid=406...

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
HP Recommended

This is exactly my problem to - with a new Omen (less than a month old). I have I think four games installed, all via Steam. 

1- Blue screen with driver_power_state_ failure 

2- I was getting the message from HP software saying that my power has some problem and I have to use a HP smart power adaptor. 

HP Recommended

Same problem here (1 and 2). It started a few days ago. I bought my laptop on january, never had this error before.

Now, every time that my laptop sleeps and wakeup, it throws the Smart AC adaptor error on screen. After a while, BSOD with the driver_power_state_failure.

I didn't update anything before this starts. Maybe it's some internal failure on electrical system. I hope not.

HP Recommended

Fabio, do you have the latest BIOS (F.23) flashed on your system?

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.