Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes if you can't get into the HP startup menu and/or the hardwaare diagnostics then it's definitely a matter of a damager motherboard.

AlHaste - HP Notebook and Printer Technician

Were I able to help you? Please say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon over to the left
Did I solve your issue? If so, Please mark Accept As Solution to the right
HP Recommended

I found a few boards for this model on Ebay. Are they any other more trusted sources for the board?

HP Recommended

ne place you could definitely trus is:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/

AlHaste - HP Notebook and Printer Technician

Were I able to help you? Please say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon over to the left
Did I solve your issue? If so, Please mark Accept As Solution to the right
HP Recommended

Found the board, 693655-001,  on the HPParts site for the price of a whole laptop. guess I'll get it through Ebay.

Thanks for all your help

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.