02-24-2012 07:20 AM
The laptop i am trying to fix always loses power after being on for 40-100 seconds. Sometimes it won't even boot all the way.
The only blue screen I have managed to record was stop error 0x00000402 which the internet says is RAM related.
I ran Memtest86 and it loses power at 1% of the test (with no errors).
There is only one stick of ram so I wonder if it is faulty but I don't have another to check with.
I have replaced the cmos battery, even opened her up to look for hot spots.
Even with the hard drive uninstalled I still can't boot to cd.
I suspect the heatsink for the processor as the laptop is old but there are a lot of things in the way secured by torx bolts (thanks hp).
Can anyone offer any helpful advice?
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)