Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
My HP pavillion g series model: g6t-1b00 was working fine until all of a sudden it started to restart on its own. About an hour or two later it shut off and when I turned it back on it stayed on for 3 seconds then shut down again...and it continues doing that until I take out the battery. My laptop is barely 9 months old so it shouldn't have problems like this. I really want to know what the problem is. I'm in school and a laptop is relevant. HELP PLEASE!
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

You have a couple of options as I see it please find the web link given below might help you to fix your issue.

How to Troubleshoot Problems When a Computer Does Not Start Up or Boot Properly

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
Thanks^^ but I tried the link and it didn't work...it kept doing the same thing. I learned more about the blinking lights though
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the Web link given below might help you mostly this might be a Failure of a part if your unit is covered by HP warrenty contact Technical support and get the part repalced.

Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****

Regards

Manjunath

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended

While there appear to be a number of different causes for the same thing - I just fixed this on a customer laptop by reseating the memory.

Follow the standards first:

1) Pull the battery and try booting with the AC power supply

2) Pull the hard drive and try rebooting

3) uninstall and reinstall the memory (this is what worked for me, to my great delight...)

Steve

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same kind of problem, my laptop (hp 2230s) shuts off before loading Windows or hardly after the logo appears, sometimes immediately after I switch it on (not always the same). I thought it was the fan, so I pull the laptop apart and changed it but the problem remained.

Steve, could you explain what you did in more details? What do you mean "pull the hard drive", do you mean you remove it??? How can you boot without it??

Thanks.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue, did you find any solution? 

Any help will be much appreciated 

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.