Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre XT TouchSmart Ultra
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I updated the bios, laptop restarted on its own. After that laptop will not boot up. It keeps turning on and off.

Whole keyboard light on and off every 5 deconds. You can hear the cpu fan turning in and off.

When I do windows key + B, the keyboard stays lit but nothing happens. Never makes a single beeping sound of any kind.

Screen never comes on. Left the cmos bat out 1min, 5min, 30mins even over night still nothing. Take the laptop battery out and only use AC power and still nothing.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @garotovi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with powering on your HP Spectre XT TouchSmart Ultrabook 15-4000. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the notebook is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, this document outlines how to troubleshoot power on issues with your notebook. 

If after following the above you are still unable to power on the notebook, the next step is to contact HP Support directly by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to see what options they have available based on your warranty.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to resolve your issue or reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @garotovi,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with powering on your HP Spectre XT TouchSmart Ultrabook 15-4000. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the notebook is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, this document outlines how to troubleshoot power on issues with your notebook. 

If after following the above you are still unable to power on the notebook, the next step is to contact HP Support directly by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to see what options they have available based on your warranty.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to resolve your issue or reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Unfortunately the step provided above did absolutely noting for my situation. But I did get in touch with HP for warranty repairs which luckily I was able to purchase.

Started this posted Friday, called HP Saturday,
received package tuesday morning, sent in laptop turesday evening.
HP received my laptop Wednesday morning.
Will relieve package week later.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.