Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 x360 15-u111dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hope someone here can help. The problem existed in Win 8.1 and persisted into WIn10.

I have an HP ENVY 15 x360 15-u111dx. I purchased this laptop in June 2015. The problem has existed since the beginning. It doesn't happen constantly, just enough that I am forced to close whatever I am doing and reboot. That seems to be the only way to get control back. The symptoms are:

1. If I am working in Word, the mouse will not select anything except whole words. It will not let me insert the cursor between letters.

2. If am using a web browser, it acts as if I had right clicked and selected the command "inspect element". It opens a pane in the open window showing the code behind the item I happen to have selected.

3. Alternatively, it selects multiple items such as multiple lines.

Attached to the computer I have a Microsoft ergonomic wireless keyboard (USB) and an wired Evoluent mouse. Thinking that it was a conflict between the mouse software and keyboard I first deleted the Microsoft Keyboard Control Center software. That didn't do the trick. I then deleted teh evoluent software, including their drivers.

But it is still doing the multiple scrolling. I write a lot and even though I save constantly when working, it is a pain to have to stop, close my work and reboot.

I have tried several things I've read about in this forum and none seem to have helped.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

To update my response of 8/17, I just wanted to say that I disabled the "Synaptics TouchPad 64-bit Enhancements" service. That seems to have fixed my problem. I have been using the computer for several days now and the problem hasn't happened once.

I consider this problem resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi there @Doublel12

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great site to get answers and ask questions. I read your post on the HP Support Forums and I understand that you are having an issue with the mouse functions on your HP ENVY 15 x360 15-u111dx. 

You said that you are using an Ergonomic Keyboard and a Wired Mouse.

Are you having issues with the external Keyboard and Mouse?

Are you having issues with the built in Keyboard and Touchpad while the external ones are removed completely?

Please remove the external keyboard and mouse, restart the Notebook while they are removed, and try using the built in keyboard and touchpad. Does the issue persist?

Have you tried in the Device Manager to update the driver that is currently installed? 

In the device manager try selecting "Find New Hardware" 

Since the Notebook is so new if the issue persists without the external Keyboard and Mouse, please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Have a great day!

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. The built in keyboard works with and without the external keyboard being present. Same with the touchpad.

Since I have a bad case of carpal tunnel syndrome, I cannot use the built in items for extended periods of time. So, it is imperative that I find a real solution to this soon.

HP Recommended

To update my response of 8/17, I just wanted to say that I disabled the "Synaptics TouchPad 64-bit Enhancements" service. That seems to have fixed my problem. I have been using the computer for several days now and the problem hasn't happened once.

I consider this problem resolved.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.